Tuesday 18 June 2019

Tooth ache

Afternoon all!
As I am sitting here waiting for the swelling to go down in my face, I thought I'd drop you a line or two!
Tooth ache descended two days ago, and as most of us do, I totally ignored it, took a shed load of painkillers and hoped it would go away. Unfortunately it didn't, and after having what I can only describe as 'proper tooth ache' a couple of years ago and ending up in hospital having morphine squeezed into my system, I am more than aware that if tooth ache doesn't go away within a couple of days, then I need to get my backside to the dentist asap!
I changed dentist surgeries about 18 months ago, not because there was anything wrong with the actual dentistry I was receiving, but because the receptionists were like a group of Rottweilers that had been starved for a month! 
The receptionists at the new dentists must have gone to a completely different school of 'how to be a receptionist' because they are super lovely. They have it on my notes that I am RSS and therefore always help me fill in forms without and arguments, they always explain where the examination room is...instead of barking that I need to go wait upstairs in waiting room one!
The dentist is a young chap, with lovely black scribbly hair and a gentle manner. My emergency appointment today found that I've a tooth which has died and is now causing nerve damage.  
I recon the biggest mistake I make when I go to the dentist, is looking at the size of the bloody needle!!
Even when the dentist says....'just a small scratch'.... I'm lying there thinking, 'how the hell will something that size make nothing more than a small scratch!' 
Anyway, the tooth has been drilled and packed, next week I've an appointment to have the tooth removed
Tooth ache makes me grumpy, I hate everyone and it makes me feel crappy. I am annoyed that having a simple normal thing like tooth ache, can make me feel so tired, why is it that the smallest change takes time to adjust. 
Its like hay fever, lets talk about hay fever!!
If you are a contact lens wearer, you will understand the irritation of the snotty film that forms across the lens, rubbing, scratching and itching just spreads the snotty pollen into a different position on the surface of the lens. I don't ever remember having hay fever as a child, in fact I'm sure I only started with it last year. Why do some people really suffer and others don't? 
I mean, I don't really 'suffer' but the snotty stuff just distorts the little vision I have, I recon I must take my contacts out about twenty times a day, clean them and put them back in again, only for them to snot back up again a few minutes later!!
PLUS, I recon its worse after its been raining. I though the rain was supposed to dampen down the pollen.
Right, enough moaning! I can feel my tongue slightly, which is good because I'm starving!
Its crazy really, I'm sure I must have looked and sounded hilarious, constantly dribbling and talking like I've got a mouth full of marshmallow! 
I'm off to cook my microwave meal which I chose specifically because its soft and there's not too much chewing involved, there is nothing worse than biting your tongue while you're numbed up, then when it wears off you've got one hell of a sore tongue.
Anyways, I'm off to enjoy my chicken korma.
Speak real soon x



No comments:

Post a Comment