Tuesday 12 July 2016

Busy Day

Hey! Well I've got so much to tell you I don't really know where to start. Its 7.32pm, and its been pouring with rain here since about 3pm, there's been a few rumbles of thunder and I am bored, so I have brought myself to bed. I am currently sat in the middle of my double bed with all my pillows puffed up behind me, the bedroom window is open as its so warm, the rain is thundering on the conservatory roof under my bedroom window, but the lovely fresh rain smell is calming, pleasant and sort of relaxing somehow. The beauties of living alone, you can hit the sack whenever you like and there's no one to moan about it, even if its a bit lonely.
I have successfully managed to do it again, and those who know me will be slapping the palms of their hands on their foreheads! I have yet again managed to ignore the warning signs that something is wrong, and although its not really a major thing, its very irritating. The question is what do I do about it? I have noticed for a few days, well actually about, well just over a week that my eyes are becoming very sore, to start with they were just a little itchy. I put it down to hay fever, which I know is crap because I don't get hay fever! But anyway, they have become increasingly drier, until today I had to take my contact lenses out about 10 times this afternoon, to wet them, I have now taken my lenses out and am somehow typing with my glasses on. Every time I blink it is like someone is scrapping sandpaper over my eye balls. I know its only dry eye, and as I think I have told you before, I already have a problem with blocked tear ducts. I have several options, one, I phone the hospital for advice, but as soon as the nurse on duty pulls up my notes they will tell me to go straight in, and I don't fancy a trip up to London, waiting for who knows how long, for them to give me a diagnosis I can make myself and then pack me off with some drops. however, at least I would know that the drops I get are indeed the drops I need. (and don't forget its still raining)
Two, Make a appointment with my GP.
Three, think of something really really sad so I start to cry thus relieving some of the dryness temporally.
I went with option two, although there isn't a available appointment until Thursday morning (today is Tuesday) which is a bit pants but I don't suppose there is much I can do about it. Tomorrow I will have to keep dashing off to the loo at work to remove and clean my contact lenses. I keep trying to think of really sad things to get some sort of moisture going, you know when you are going to cry, you get that little prickling feeling in the corner of your eyes, well I got that, but there ent no tears falling!
I have had some progress today, I had a visit from a lady called Penny, who is a community somethingorother about helping me with some lighting at the front and back of my house. She was a very lovely woman, very chatty and helpful. She filled in some forms, and then had a look around, she said she felt that they could definitely help me by putting security lighting out the rear of my house to help me get to the end of the garden and to the bins with out tripping over or stepping in dog poo. That's the thing with having a small dog, his poo's are only little and I often miss them when I am clearing up after him.
She also said she would be happy to recommend that they improved the lighting at the front of my house with either security lighting again or a light that I can switch on from the outside. I am super pleased with this as it will help me out so much during the winter and if I ever decide to venture out at night I will be able to see to get the key in the lock!
When we sat back down she asked me if there was anything else she could help me with, so I showed her my dreadful kitchen lights, its fair to say she was stunned that I manage so well in the kitchen considering the lighting is so crap, so she added kitchen lights on her list of jobs to do!
I wanted to give her a little hug, and although she said the down lights will probably be replaced with strip lights, as she says, a little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing. I am looking forward to the electrician coming out!
I have a little strip lighting under the cupboards but as you can see it barely reaches the worktop.


This part of the kitchen is in front of the window, the lighting is still rubbish, I was advised to move the kettle nearer the window as its the lightest place in the kitchen.

I have eight down lights in the kitchen, we used to have quite a high wattage in each bulb, but they got very hot and my ex worked out that by changing the bulbs to a lower wattage, we would save money, this is all great but the wattage just isn't strong enough as my sight gets worse. So I tried to change them myself, bad idea as the plastic inside that holds the bulb in has corroded and fallen to bits, so I have a attractive light fitting hanging form the ceiling!

I've still got loads to tell you, but my eyes are so sore, I am going to try to sleep. Speak soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment