Monday 3 October 2016

New lighting!!!!

See you don't hear from me in weeks then two come along in one day! Last Tuesday I had a call from Rob at the visual impairment team, 'just checking' as he does. 'Have you had your lighting done yet?'.....errrr No...silence then a sigh, 'what about the slabs outside the back gate?' ........errrr nope...more silence, then, 'and what about your delivery from RNIB?'....errr  its still not arrived yet, I heard a lot of rustling down the phone line, 'right, you get on to finding out where the order is and I will get on to sorting the other two. After another sigh, he continued to ask me the usual stuff, how am I doing? am I getting out and about? Do I need anything? We chatted about the online counselling that I had and we talked about the pro's and con's of having a online counselling service, when I thought I had got him sweet enough, I slipped in that I was thinking about getting a bike again, not to go far, just to try it, and what sort of support did I get with this?.....NO,NO AND NO, you are not safe on a bike, he said he would never tell anyone not to try anything, but NO, you are not getting on a bike...........silly man doesn't know me very well!!
So, he says he will call me in a few weeks to see how I am doing, but I need to get onto looking for the order. Literally 10 minutes later, while I was looking for the email confirmation for my order, the phone rings and its Aaron the electrician, can he come and do the lights?...can you come? I've been waiting since bloody February....naaaa leave it a couple of months! Of course you can come do the lights (That Rob must have been kicking someone's backside for me to get a call that quick).
Suddenly my spirits lifted, I found the email and rang a lovely lady named Sue at RNIB, she couldn't find any trace of my order, funny that, because they managed to find the little numbers ok that meant they could remove over £400 from my bank account to pay for the lost order, I waited while she 'chatted' to her supervisor, who as if by magic found the order and was going to 'put it in the first class post today madam', first class is pretty crap these days then, as that was Tuesday and today is Monday and I still haven't got the order!
The council say they will be out within 48 hours to sort the uneven slabs, again that was last Tuesday, I recon their calculator is broken, cos even I can work out that more than 48 hours passed days ago!
Yesterday, I have this guy (he didn't have a name, this might be cos it was 9am on a Sunday morning, and no bugger wants to give eye contact at that time of the morning let alone exchange pleasantries) he was a sub contractor from Aaron and fudge me I cannot believe the difference the lights have made in the kitchen, I was sooo excited, I rang Mum and demanded she walk up to the house to see the lights, I went and dragged the girls out of bed to have a look, I even stood in the kitchen talking to the dog in that stupid high pitched voice we use when we talk to animals....LOOK WICKKLE WOOFIEEE, MUMMY CAN EVEN SEE THAT YOUR FOOD COMES IN TWO DIFFERENT COLOURS NOW, DID YOU KNOW YOUR FOOD COMES IN TWO DIFFERENT COLOURS WICKKLE PUP, AND LOOK HOW SHINNY YOUR BOWL IS, YOUR SO LUCKY TO LIVE IN A HOUSE WITH SUCH LOVELY KITCHEN LIGHTS, with this stupid great grin I turn around to see the electrician looking at me with his mouth open clearly thinking what the f**k is that woman on!
When I had calmed down a bit from the light excitement I started to look abound the kitchen, the lights are so bright I can see in the draws and cupboards, I can even see in the dish washer, trouble is you can also see food splattered up the wall tiles, the kitchen floor is just nasty and dust, how the hell does a kitchen get dusty?






I keep wondering into the kitchen just to turn the lights on they are fantastic and will make a massive difference to how I manage in the kitchen.
This is the new light at the front, I am not overly keen on it, but it does what its supposed to do and has a gentle light as soon as dusk sets in and then comes on bright and blinds people as they walk up the path! Perfect!

This however, is my super-duper flood light at the back of the house and OMG does it flood the garden with light or what! Its got two setting one is on a sensor the other is just on, I will be able to go out to the bins and see to the rabbit at night without tripping over or trampling on slugs and snails.
Fingers crossed for my delivery this week or I shall have to get on the phone again and speak to Sue!
Funny how a small thing like replacing the lighting can make such a big difference, I did and do feel that I am a little sad to get so excited over such a trivial thing, but if you knew the trouble I have preparing food, it makes me want to get preparing veg and start cooking! Well, later.....x


No comments:

Post a Comment