Wednesday 16 November 2016

RNIB HAUL

OMGGGGGG XDNKEUFHUIG;N;EK'CIHEHGB;E'CKEOUGEM'!!!!!!.........ITS HERE....LOW GRUMPY MOOD HAS BEEN ZAPPED
It finally arrived, my haul of goodies from the RNIB ordered two months and six days ago, but after another phone call to them last Thursday and a nice discussion with a lady, unfortunately I cant remember her name, but she was fab,  she got onto it and voila here it is!!
I am excited to show you all my haul, although, I have to say, after I had unpacked it and I sat their this morning looking at it, I did have a little flash of...not wanting it. I hope I can make sense of it for you, its like, Rob told me these things will help me manage better, I didn't think there was anything wrong with the way I was managing before, but now I have them I realise that they have made a big difference, so by accepting these aids I feel like I am accepting that I am worse than I thought I was!!
Bla,, Bl, Bla, shut up Lynda and get on with the haul!
NOWWWW, this is a incredible piece of equipment, the electric magnifier, its hand held, portable and mains rechargeable..

Its got a LED light on the camera and its got loads of different settings, blue on yellow, black on yellow, etc, you chose which suits you best. You hold it over what ever you want magnified and it brings it up on the screen, it can also be plugged into the TV so you can hold the device over, say a news paper, and the print will be projected onto the TV screen! Cool eh?
And it comes with its own protective case, although i would prefer a case that zips up to stop it sliding out when you pick it up. It fits nicely in my handbag, so if someone would like to invite me out to dinner so I can read the menu with it, that'd be lovely, thanks!

Then there this gadget...
This is also amazing, it mains rechargeable so you don't have to worry about changing batteries, I am loving it, today I set it up over the chopping board when I was cutting the onions for our Chilli, I could even see the cuts on my fingers from when I couldn't see the knife or the onion!!
Again, its a LED light so its real bright. It has a little handle on top so you can carry it around anywhere!

These are wand lights, they are also LED but are battery operated (I need to go buy some batteries), but the idea is, they have a circular bottom with a sticky tab so, for example, I will be sticking one to the ceiling of my coat cupboard and one on the cupboard I keep my pots and pans in because I cant see bugger all in them!
Cutting boards, I know, boring but helpful, they are lightweight plastic and contrasting colours, I cut carrots on the black board earlier (also for my chilli and i used the big LED light) and it was a breeze. I never thought I would be sitting here getting all excited over a few chopping boards, LED lights and a magnifier! But there you go, things change, and despite my reluctance to accept change, its well, tough really!
Also in the box, which I have to say I am impressed with, nearly as much as the items themselves, was large print instructions for all of the items...
Well done RNIB, it took a long, long time to get here, but its all good now...until the next order which I am about to place...wish me luck, speak soon x


    
  









No comments:

Post a Comment