Tuesday 21 November 2017

The Fall

Today I fell...
Not an emotional fall, not the sort of fall that is accidental but the sort of fall that reminds you who you are. Its a very dull day here, warm and windy, but very overcast and grey.
My 'schedule' or job list has been going great and I have managed to totally focus on it everyday, making sure the list is completed. I have had my PJ's on under my clothes once since last Tuesday and I have made sure my hair brush and my hair meet at least once a day. Top of todays list was to make a few telephone calls (which I have been putting off for months), take the dog for a walk and buy Daughter number twos train tickets into college for the rest of this week.
Because I am super organised and a woman who has multi-tasking down to a fine art, I thought I would get ready for the walk, take Ralph with me as I picked up the tickets and then take him over the railway bridge and over the fields where he can run and roll in as much fox poop as he liked.
So, up the steps I go at the railway station and in through the doors to the ticket office, managed to avoid Ralph trying to take a leak up someone's brief case and left through the other door which leads straight onto the platform. In my genius plan I had forgotten to factor in the swarm of people making their way to work and stepped out of the doors into a flood of people. I fought my way through the crowd to the bridge steps. Now, usually I hold the rail and tend to climb the steps on the right side, so use my right hand to hold on and the dog lead in my left, but there were people running down the steps on the right, and people sitting on the steps to the left. Not wanting to draw attention to myself or get in a fight with someone if I asked them to move, I decide to go up the steps in the middle..........VERY bad move! There's two flights of steps before you get to the top and a sort of landing thing half way between them, I recon I had only got half way up the first flight when I felt my balance start to go, within a millisecond of the message reaching my brain to say, 'be careful you need to hold on or you are going to trip', I was face down on the steps, I felt the palm of my right hand scrape on the concrete, my left hand, still holding onto the lead, do some sort of twisty thing and a sharp pain shot through the bottom of my back. The next thing a little wet nose was in my ear and a rough tongue licking my cheek. As fast I went down I was back up, With Ralph jumping up at my side I marched up the rest of the steps down the other side and walked Ralph over the fields.
I was fine until I got home and had a hot bath. Now every thing aches, my head aches, my back aches and I feel like someone has got hold of my shoulders and given me a hard shake.
But, I live to learn another lesson I suppose. 
I am now going to have a little sleep as I feel so crappy, but I am back to the hospital on Thursday, will let you know how it goes x

No comments:

Post a Comment