Sunday 6 January 2019

New Beginings

 I've re-written my first blog of 2019 three times already. I just don't know where to start, since the last time I wrote I've barely had five minutes to think let alone sit and write. I am aware that I've lost loads of readers due to my lack of blogging but sometimes life takes over and before you know it two months have passed and I haven't posted a word!
SO, Happy new year to you all, I wish you all love, wealth and health for 2019, well, definitely love and health, wealth is just a added bonus!
Lots has happened during the last couple of months, Ralph became poorly again, this time I got him to the vets before he coved me in blood, but unfortunately the vet got it instead (I say unfortunately, but I was secretly relieved that he saved it for her especially as she was wearing one of those white coats that protect your clothes). We had a fun week after the visit to the vets as it took all three of us to pin him down to syringe his medicine into him, the following week found him moping around as he clearly had the hump with us and felt that we had been horrible to him, however the week after that he suddenly got over it and occupied himself by hiding under the Christmas tree and jumping out at who ever walked past, he even sat with us one evening when we were playing dog bingo, the youngest daughter gave him his own doggie board, he sat looking at it for a few minutes, looked up at us playing then sat on his board, like, This board, my human friends, now belongs to me!!
The following day I took him for our first long walk in weeks, it was so lovely to see his tail wagging away as he ran off in front, chasing birds and squirrels and running back to me as if to say...look Mum, I'm having a great time. He looks like a different dog and is so happy, fingers crossed it lasts this time.
I just checked back on the last blog I wrote and it seems I forgot to publish it properly, honestly, its no wonder I've lost readers!! I think it went onto my Facebook page but not on the other sites, never mind...where was I , oh yes, so, with Ralph not really feeling like he wanted to walk far, I had plenty of time on my hands, and with Christmas around the corner and my creative streak bursting to show its face, I found some old wool and made a Christmas wreath out of woollen pompoms. I was actually really impressed with the result, and everyone who saw it encouraged me to make some through the year this year and find myself a stall on a craft market and sell them, I have started looking for cheap wool in the shops and asking friends for donations of any old wool hanging around and the pompom making has begun. I think I'm going to make a small and a large wreath and a heart shaped one too. 
What do you think of my prototype? and do you think they will sell? or are my family and friends just being kind?
Right in the middle of me wondering how the hell I ever had time to go to work, I got..THE CALL...in fact I got two calls, one from Tesco and the other from our local hospital, both inviting me to interview!! 
After my last disastrous attempt at interview, I did shyte loads of research for Tesco, honestly, by the time I had finished gathering information I knew which colour y-fronts Mr Tesco prefers!
This interview was much better, I felt quietly confident as I left, and the day before I was due to go to the interview at the Hospital, I got another call offering me the job, so I accepted, declined the other interview politely and am now training to be the new stock controller at a little Tesco store near where I live! 
I'll be honest, it was really hard work at first, there is so much to learn and its a area I've absolutely no experience in at all but three weeks down the line and my training is coming on in leaps and bounds, although I now have a little dilemma....Do I wear a badge which informs people that I am visually impaired or not? The thing is, I think it would be a good idea, as I haven't been using my cane, mostly because I have to carry around a mini printer, a PDA (little computer thing that zaps the bar code on products), a clip board, couple of pens and a load of paperwork, ohhh and my magnifiers, so Kevin the cane stays home! 
I think it would warn people that I'm maybe not as quick to find things as regular sighted people might be and there is a reason why I didn't see your child racing up the isles on his scooter!!
However, it has been brought to my attention that a VI badge might not be such a good idea, maybe people might use the fact that I 'cant see' as a bit of reason to try and errr, confuse me!
What do I do? To wear a badge or not to wear a badge this is the question!! 
I suppose I wont know unless I try it, Mr Tesco seems ok with the badge, and is happy to provide one, so I will give it a go and let you know how it goes. 
Right, im off to wash up and get myself ready for Monday Morning. Have a good week everyone!
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment