Wednesday 30 December 2015

Day Tripping

I wanted to share our trip into London with you all, yesterday my girls and I went with my best chum, her hubby and their two children. We went in on the 2.20pm something train, as I cannot operate those dam machines that you get your tickets from, and of course I simply cannot ask for help, I went and brought my tickets in the morning from the booth, so the day started relaxed and calm. We even got seats on the train! I didn't take my stick as, as I have said before, it makes me vulnerable and also at this time of year London is rammed with people and I'm not sure how many ankles I would be hitting! So, my very beautiful daughter linked arms with me barrelling through the crowds of people.
We were one of the last to get off the train at Kings Cross, so the pace was leisurely, I had remembered where I had put the tickets and everything!
We took the tube to Marble arch, we were still a bit early for the Christmas lights so walked along to Selfridges and had a peek in their windows, my mates hubby and their son went in while we ran across the road to the café in Marks and Spencer, this again was very relaxed and not once did I feel pressured or anxious. When we came out from our coffee and cake it had started to get dark and some of the Christmas lights had come on, so we walked along Oxford street, casually popping into a few shops as we went, the lights were beautiful, these are the sorts of memories I want to fill my life with, things that I can think back on and remember in the future.
After a while we walked back to Wagamamas for tea, perfect timing, not to many people, no queue AND GUESS WHAT...THEY HAD A MAGNIFIER, we asked for a large print menu and was given a lovely full page magnifier!! It was fab, however it didn't stop me ordering the hottest dish on the menu and sadly I couldn't eat it, on the plus side we had managed to order too many of another dish so we just swapped food around! SO, a very big thumbs up and THANKYOU  to Wagamumas :)
After tea, we made our way to Carnarby street, I strongly recommend a trip to Carnaby at Christmas, totally spectacular. Again there were loads of people about, but I suppose because we weren't there to actually buy anything, it was lovely to stroll around, we ended up in the Dr Martens shop (twice) and the Levis shop....disadvantages of having trendy daughters....but didn't spend a penny!!! We nipped into a magnificent shop called Irregular Choice, holy crap, check the shoes out in that shop, they are amazyballs! Somehow we managed to walk down a street with shops that looked like you needed invitations in order to enter them, so we giggled a lot and rubbed our noses on the windows!
By the time we had reached Liberty we were all starting to get tired, so we walked back to the tube and made our way home. Not one single moment of panic or stress, I thank you Mr and Mrs Clark and the children for a fantastic day out in London xx

1 comment: