Saturday 9 January 2016

Saturday Morning

Well, here we sit on a wet and cold Saturday morning, we have no heating or hot water, so while we are waiting for a man to come and save the day, what else is there to do.....errr blog! Firstly I wanted to tell you about Thursday night, I went out for a meal with a very good friend of mine, we haven't had a proper catch up in a while and although we see each other every day at work, we never get time to sit and put the world to rights. Anyway, she decided she would like to Georges Hall in Biggleswade, this was the venue for our staff Christmas do which got cancelled so, I wasn't really feeling it, because as I mentioned in my 'Christmas Do' blog, I had been told it was poorly lit and there were several flights of stairs to get to it....well, there were stairs up to the venue, but they were what I would call safe stairs, well lit, wide so there was no one bumping into anyone else, I suppose they are what you might call purpose built! The pub was very..... brown, the floor and tables were all brown and although it is a very large room, the lighting wasn't very good. luckily it wasn't very busy and we got a nice table by the window looking down onto the street. The staff were lovely and friendly, but when I asked if they had a large print menu, the waiter type man laughed and said 'noooo, I have trouble reading it too' and put his glasses on!! The menu was also brown with a pattern behind the words which made it really hard to read, good job my mate doesn't mind reading out loud! The food however, was lovely and the company was even better. so, out of the two restaurants we've been to in the last two weeks, its a thumbs up for Wagamamas  and a thumbs down for Georges Hall.
Anyway, a few people have been telling me that I should be adding photographs to my blogs, well I realise that its probably too late to add them to the blogs I have already posted, especially those on Tsu, so I thought I would do a little blog of photos related to past blogs......



These three photo's should have been attached to my 'Challenges' blog, the top one was walking, climbing ,tripping and laughing all the way to the top of Snowdon with a old friend, the other two are me and the climbing wall, which was fun but scary.


This photo should have been with
'My Bike' blog, I don't seem to have any photos of me on my old bike, but this was one of the very few times we got out on the tandem, which I sold this summer.

This was the sky one morning when I was out on the familiar route dog walk, the sky changes so quickly, it was a very beautiful thing so see, I like to look at this photo, it makes me feel sort of calm.



These were from London Christmas lights and Carnaby Street, something I will definitely be taking my girls along to see next year....well, my fingers and toes are freezing so I am off to move around the house to warm up, lets hope the 'fix it man' will be hear soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment