Monday 9 May 2016

Sunny Weekend

Hi everyone, what a beautiful weekend we've just had here, the weather has been glorious and although we haven't had much planned I feel that we have been constantly on the go. Friday night the girls and I went to our local pub for open mic night....NO! I cannot sing, but a friend of ours can, he also plays guitar, and did a splendid rendition of Princes, 'Purple Rain' one of my favourite tunes!
This was also a good opportunity to catch up with my bestie sitting in the pub garden with a glass of something nice. I used to go in this pub in my younger days nearly every weekend and although the management has changed, the layout (and the décor and some of the errr, regulars, we'll call them) haven't, again I am always in awe of what the brain remembers, mind had remembered every step of the building, filling me full of confidence as I strutted my way to the bar to order drinks. It was a nice evening, and we were home by 9.30, pj's on by 9.45,bed by 10! see, I really know how to rock.
Saturday morning with the sun streaming through my window and not even a sign of a head ache, though this was probably due to only having a Archers and Lemonade and then a diet coke the night before, I get to thinking about my garden. My girls are teenagers so they sleep in till at least lunchtime, I am middle aged which means I wake up at 5am for a wee, doze off for a hour and am buzzing around looking for things to do buy 6.30am. So, you remember I told you about my vegetables going into the ground where the slabs were...well, it seems the soil under the slabs is only about a inch deep before it hits concrete, so after a quick shopping trip into town with the bestie, I walk Ralph and one daughter, only one because the other is still under the duvet, to Langford garden centre to buy massive pots and more soil


My sweetcorn, potatoes and courgettes are all in and my onions, peppers, chilli and carrots are not quite ready to go out yet.

So, it all turned out ok in the end, and hopefully they will all grow just as well in the pots as in they would in the ground! I also put in all the flowers, Mum gave me a load of Marigolds and I popped them around in pots too.
Sunday, was beautiful again, so after my Tesco delivery the girls, Ralph and I all went for a long walk over the fields and along the river where we live..


Needless to say we all felt a little like Ralph when we got home....
Unfortunately, this meant that this morning when I went to get up for work, my head was throbbing and my eyes were aching, I had crammed way to much activity into the weekend and although its fab to see the sun, it does tend to drain me. So, I stayed home, the trouble with me is although I am struggling I don't seem to be able to sit still, I had taken a drink back to bed with me after making sure the girls got off ok, and then because I have clumsy hands when I feel like this I knocked the drink all over my bed meaning...guess what? change the sheets, then, I might as well do the girls beds, although it took me twice as long as it usually does, I battled on, after stuffing the sheets in the washing machine, I flopped on the sofa and closed my eyes, within five minutes I was wide awake and wondering what to do next! It was the whole devil on one shoulder, Angel on the other situation, so ignoring the devil and the hoover I listened to my angel and routed around in my wardrobe for something to do that would keep me sat still for a while.  Then I found it....a Large piece jigsaw puzzle! I had brought quite a few puzzles when I was signed off work and enjoyed doing them, as time went on and my sight got worse, I tucked them in the loft and forgot about them until my sister asked to borrow one after her op (seems not being able to sit still runs in the family) anyway, I got comfy and prepared myself for being disappointed that I couldn't see enough to do it. I was pleasantly surprised, I loved it, it took a lot of concentration, but it didn't matter, there was no rush, the pieces are cut in to all different shapes, so if there is a piece that you cant make out, you'll be able to match it by the shape, also although this particular puzzle looks really busy, there's not a lot of one colour, if you know what I mean, there's not too much sky or too much grass, there's lots going on and that somehow makes it easier.


This puzzle is made by a company called HOP I think I paid about £7.99 for a 250 piece and about £12.00 for a 500 piece, I got them from the local garden centre and the Koi carp centre in Henlow, my photos don't really do the puzzle justice, check them out though, very relaxing, I wanted to have a go at the adult colouring books, but they are way too small and they don't seem to do them in large print...mind you I suppose they would be kids colouring books them ! :)
 I am due my second counselling session on Thursday, and although I am excited for this it has made me think about the past a lot over the last week or so, thinking about all the memories, changes and challenges, the ups and downs along the way has caused many mixed emotions, but thinking all this through has, sort of, make me want to change things... change myself, its easy to just accept you are who you are, but its also easy to tweak and make changes, and to have things to look forward to instead of living in the past, what is it they say....there's nothing you can do about the past, the future will pan its self out, so live for the now!....or something like that anyway. Sooooo my bestie and I have decided to go back to weight watchers, we went about four or five years ago, and frankly looked like a couple of hot babes by the time we were done, I recon we must have lost about 4 stone between us, so Thursday we will be joining again! And get this...they do large print weight loss packs!!

I will think very carefully about sharing my weight with you all after Thursday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment