Sunday 19 June 2016

Little things

Hello everyone,
Its here! The week I've been waiting for! On Thursday I have a appointment at Moorfields hospital London. I have to be there for 9am, so its going to mean a very early start. I think I am looking at the 7.50 train into Finsbury Park, hop on another train to Old Street, which should get me at the hospital in time for a quick cuppa first, and i have been told to expect to be there all day. This is going to mean voting at 7am as there is no way I'll be able to manage it when I get back, I think I am going to give weight watchers a miss too, as the WW team have to move to a different building to make way for voters in the village hall, I think WW will be held in the old youth club building and I haven't been in there for years, I remember it being quite dark in there though so I will avoid it, of course the other reason for skipping WW is that last week seemed to be a week of celebration...we celebrated my eldest Daughters last A-Level exam...with a Chinese take away, then we celebrated the same daughter being excepted into the LRA (London Retail Academy) for September.... with chocolate, then we celebrated her getting a part time job....with a Indian take away, chocolate, cider and crisps!! This celebrating with food needs to stop! I wonder if it would have the same effect if I celebrated an occasion with a nice long walk?
Funny thing happened Friday afternoon, so remember wayyy back I told you that there had been a mix up with my referral and my doctors had referred me as a new patient to Bedford hospital? Well that was on 12th January.... Friday the 17th June, a good 6 months later, I received a phone call from Bedford Hospital telling me that they are terribly sorry but they just found my referral letter tucked in some other paperwork, they didn't know how it got there, but it seems I have been over looked, no poop Sherlock! Also did I think I still needed to be sent an appointment!!!!!!!. Of course in the meantime I had been referred to Moorfields as I should have been in the first place and received a appointment, so I confidently told the poor lady on the end of the phone how disgusted I was, Just supposing I had something terrible wrong with me, I might have wasted 6 months of precious time, she was very apologetic, and I might have been a little firm, but really? so, NO I don't want a appointment, thank you.
You know, as everyone does, you get little things that happen that stop you dead in your tracks, for the average person those things are quite big, mine are often small and highly irritating. (Not saying that big things aren't also very irritating) but for me its learning how to deal with those things that stop me from doing some things and how to behave during and after the said irritating moment. So, two things happened last week that stopped me in my tacks but my reaction to those things were completely different.
At the school where I work, to stop unwanted small humans wondering into the staff room and being in danger of kettles, the shredder and to stop them eating our chocolate stash, we have a coded door, its one on those silver jobbies with numbers on, and we have a code. I couldn't tell you what the code is, as I cant see the numbers so I have a little orange rubber dot thing stuck on the first number of the code and I have learnt the pattern, this works perfectly, until the bloody dot thing fell off.  There I stood like a complete idiot, having no clue where to start or which buttons to press, so panic, the tummy starts doing the churning thing and my hands start to get clammy, do I walk away form the door and hang around waiting for someone else to go though the door, Its absolutely daft, I don't like anyone to see me unable to do something, I dunno, maybe is a dignity thing. Anyway, while I am standing there pondering on my next move, unbeknown to me, our site manager (lets call him Dave!) appears behind me and asks if I am ok? In a very tiny voice, I tell him I have lost my dot! I don't really know what I expected him to say, but he simply said, 'oh yeah' and opened the door for me and let me in, I stood by the sink, and realised that I had totally forgotten what I had gone in there for, two seconds late Dave was back, with a replacement dot!!! I was so overcome, I could feel tears stinging in my eyes, what the hell, I was so grateful, and its only a bloody dot, but I could have hugged him, I thanked him loads and tried to pretend I had remembered what I had gone into the staff room for, in the end I went into the staff toilets and tried to compose myself!
Friday evening the girls and I had finished out Indian take away, and I got up to tidy the kitchen, my youngest followed me in to get herself a drink, I was happily loading the dishwasher when she says, 'ohhhh my god Mum, look at those ants' I hadn't seen any ants, but once she had pointed them out to me, my kitchen was covered, and I am not joking, with hundreds of flying ants, this turned into a frenzy on stamping on the ones on the floor, while the daughter was charging around with ant spray getting all the others that were climbing up the walls and all over the kitchen windows, I suppose because I was in my own environment and with the people I trust most in the world, I didn't feel ashamed that I hadn't even seen them and in the end it turned into a bit of a game as my eldest sat peering through the hatch from the living room to the kitchen and screaming 'theres another bloody blighter' and my youngest charging round with the hoover sucking them up once she had killed them, I don't understand why the absence of a dot made my feel so bad, especially as work is one of my most familiar places, and not seeing a swarm of insects can give me such a happy memory, even though  flying ants are nasty, yuk yuk yuk, what are they even for? what do they do, regular ants I understand, but the flying sort, are just gross, they seem to hatch, cause everyone to get goose bumps and then die, I wonder if you can get anteaters as pets? lol....am going off track, well, I will let u all know the outcome of Thursdays appointment as soon as I can, must admit, I usually sleep for a couple of days afterwards as it exhausts me and it can take anything up to 24 hours for the dilation to go down, years ago when I went to Ely Hospital, they gave me another eye drop that seemed to make the pupils go back to normal quicker but they don't seem to use that anymore. Anyway, speak soon and I hope everyone has a great week x


No comments:

Post a Comment