Saturday 15 April 2017

All about me No 2

Hello Everyone,
I thought I might give the 'All about me' another try.
So, this is me....
Yuk, ghastly picture, I hate having my photo taken and don't know what I really look like, I mean I know where everything is on my face, and I know my eyes are blue but I don't see my face from a distance, I mean, I need to get so close to a mirror to put some lippy on that then I only see my lips.
Photos are hard to see too, usually a photo is too small and then if you enlarge it the photo becomes pixilated and so it then looks distorted, you just cant win!!
Sometimes it makes me sad that I don't really know what I look like, but then on the other hand, maybe its just as well!!

I have been short sighted from a very early age, I am sure I had my first pair of glasses at about four years old, then one morning everything changed from not being able to see very well to, not being able to see bugger all!! and so, I had to learn to live a entirely different life.
I would like to say I am a very lovely human, but I know I can be proper cranky at times!
I live here in a little village in the East of England with my two teenage Daughters and our dog Ralph.
My Mum was born in Hastings, England and my Dad was born in Pescara, Italy, my Dad passed away 20 years ago and the very young age of 49 to a heart attack, there hasn't been a day go past since when he doesn't crossed my mind.
My Mum, who lives a mile away, has been the rock that got me through all the hospital appointments and treatments since the day my sight changed.
I think its safe to say, and I know most people will say the same, life has been an emotional rollercoaster,
I work part-time at a special needs school, I have worked here for about 14 years, and loved it, I loved working with the children and have made some fantastic friends from the people I have worked with over the years.
Now I work only three days I have taken up a voluntary role with RNIB Connect as a community connector, this has changed my outlook on life completely and has encouraged a passion within me that I didn't know existed.
On a bit of a more personal level, I miss cycling, I used to cycle everywhere and did the London to Cambridge bike ride some years ago, I loved the cycle back and forth to work everyday, If someone asked me what I missed the most, it would definitely be my bike!
I really enjoy being outside and Ralph and I do a lot of walking, at the moment we stick to familiar routes but I am feeling the need to explore.
I like to garden, I only have a small garden but I like it to look nice, I enjoy looking for plants that are different and have a bit of a obsession with the bargain bench at our local garden centre, in fact my whole front garden came from the bargain bench! I also absolutely LOVE beating my neighbour at mowing the lawn! Gotta love a bit of competition!
I like to see things, I am hell bent on filling my memory with visions of places I have been and sights I have seen. I enjoy a old church or stately homes but equally enjoy a new building and modern architecture. I love the countryside and crave the sights, sounds and smells of the sea.
I hate lots of people, I try to avoid places when they are really busy, I have learnt many valuable lessons over the last few years, I have also learnt to see with my ears and use parts of my brain that were covered in cobwebs....
Well, I hope this has been a more informative insight into 'All about me'
I realise that I haven't told you very much about my sight loss as a condition, and thought that it would make this blog too long if I did it now, so the next blog will be more on 'me, with my condition.
Speak soon xx








No comments:

Post a Comment