Sunday 14 May 2017

Hello!!

Hello everyone,
I hope you are all ok, sorry I haven't been in touch for a while, its been a bit crazy here with one Daughter starting her GCSE's and the other fast approaching final deadlines, so my computer has been busy creating mood boards and something called Photoshop has been installed. I enjoy watching my girls prepare for the important changes in their lives, it makes me very proud to see their determination and motivation....it also makes me a little proud of myself as I realise that I raised these two people, and I think I have done a dam good job!

Yesterday I went into town, on my own, on the bus. I went to Specsavers, had a rummage around in New Look and then nipped along to M&S then back to the bus stop, as I sat on the bench with my shopping between my feet a old lady comes and sits beside me, we had a polite chat about the weather, then sat in silence as we waited. I could feel her looking at me, and it was unnerving me a little, so I occupied myself getting my bus pass ready and putting my phone in my coat pocket......Wait...my coat pocket has disappeared....ahhhh crap, I have put my coat on inside out, so, do I sit there like its supposed to be on inside out, OR do I stand up, in front of a now full bus stop waiting area, and sort out my problem?
I have just strutted all round town like some sort of shopping diva, pleased that I managed to buy all the goodies I needed and be in time to go back on the next bus, only to discover I am either trying to start some new trend or I look like a complete twat. So, I stand up, take off my coat, turn it the right way in, and sit back down. The old lady beside me taps my knee with her hand...almost welcoming me to the club!! I am 45 years old, not bloody 85! Never mind, its only a coat, I am annoyed with myself that I didn't notice, and a little annoyed with the general public for not saying...oi woman, did you know your coat is on inside out?  What happened to the ability to do that, people are so afraid these days of speaking out in case they offend. On the flip side of the coin, I went to visit my friends in Suffolk last weekend, as soon as I saw my friend I noticed she looked like she had been letting birds nest in her head, so the following morning we went off to her hairdressers, I have never been in a place quite like it before, it is split in half, one half is for appointments, the other is a drop in, wait your turn arrangement, so we join the seating area and wait, £15 and a 10 minute wait and my friend was restored to her usual cuteness.
The cuteness, however, didn't last for long. We wondered around Felixstowe looking for somewhere to eat lunch, as it was a sunny Saturday the street was busy and there was this guy standing by a church chanting and preaching about some sort of paradise somewhere and we should all follow him to the paradise, clearly there was no need for food, shoes or any kind of fashion sense in this paradise he was talking about, anyway, My friend, who has always told me when a curb is coming, steering me away from the edge of the road or any dangers,  did not feel the need to tell me there was a lamp post coming, so I walked straight into it....what did my friend do???? Not piss herself laughing surely? Yes, the whole street stops and looks at my freshly snipped friend as she is holding her belly laughing at the poor blind woman who has just been attacked by a green lamp post. Perfect, you know when something happens, and you get a feeling that you just want to die of embarrassment, but someone else's reaction to that thing that has happened makes that feeling vanish? That's what happened, if my friend had reacted in any other way, I would have felt, worried that her hair cut had affected her to start with, but also belittled, and embarrassed by the situation, as soon as I started to laugh, the world which seemed to have stopped for a second, began to move again, and we slopped off into the nearest cafĂ©. Its important to have people around you that give the right reactions in certain situations, life isn't always heavy and serious, maybe if I had knocked myself out on the lamp post, her busting her gut laughing at me might not have been so appropriate, but sometimes I think we are surrounded by people who take life way to seriously.
Well, the rain has stopped and the sun is out, time to talk Ralph for a walk I suppose, I leave you with a photo of my friends creation and I can tell you it was delicious....Thank you for a fab weekend, Mr and Mrs D xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment