Sunday 18 June 2017

Talking Lorries

Hi Everyone,
I hope you have all had a good week, we are having some beautiful weather here right now, I love the sun and the heat but its making my eyes tired and the floaters seem bigger and blacker, even with my sun glasses on I am struggling with 'eye ache'!
I must tell you about this thing that I noticed earlier this week, one morning, I think it was Tuesday, I got up later than usual, I recon it was only about half an hour but it meant I took Ralph out for his morning walk later, this then meant that the traffic had already built up and our usual quite quiet walk around the streets was now buzzing with activity, the sun was blinding and it was already a bit too hot for Ralph, so I started to rush so I could get him home.
When I approached the junction in the road I was so busy thinking about which route I could take to get him home fastest that I was only half listening to the buzz of traffic around me, I could hear a lorry but it didn't sound close, so I went to step out, literally just as I moved my foot to leave the pavement, I hear this mechanical voice....This vehicle is turning left....something went PING in my brain, left, which way is left, I put my foot back on the pavement just as this massive lorry swung around the corner, after it had passed I stood there for a few seconds, half of me thinking...wow what a brilliant thing to have on lorries...and the other half thinking...F**k me, that was close!!
I gave myself a bit of a internal telling off for not being more careful crossing the road...there would have been all sorts of trouble if I had got Ralph squashed under a lorry, but the more I think about it, the more I am impressed, obviously it was a fairly new lorry, but wouldn't it be great if more vehicles were fitted with this lovely voice, when there is lots of noise its sometimes hard to single out which one is closest and potentially more important than the million other noises going on around you.
This set a good karma for the rest of the week, and on Thursday evening I went out! I mean I actually went out on a school night! My lovely friends drove down from Suffolk to take me with them to see a show in Letchworth at the new Broadway theatre, so not only was I going out on a school night but I was going somewhere I hadn't been before, the evening went with out a problem, the Letchworth Arcadians put on a concert preforming songs from a range of musicals, I didn't need to see the stage as I had my very own narrative bestie sat beside me, and I must say there were some incredible voices, one lady had a voice I can only describe as sounding like hot chocolate.....warm, smooth and bringing a big smile to your face, another lady, Adele Walker brought tears to my eyes, I have never heard such a wonderful voice, I think its such a shame to walk past this woman in the street and not know how fantastic she sounds, maybe she should sing where ever she goes, such a pleasing voice that needs and deserves listening too.
Well, time to go and get ready for another week, speak soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment