Tuesday 23 January 2018

A Little news

Does anyone else get their hair caught in their glasses?? If there is one thing that will piss me off instantly, its getting a single strand of hair caught in the hinge of the arm of my glasses. What's worse is, I only wear my glasses to pop across to the loo first thing in the morning, while I am in the bathroom I put my contact lenses in, and at night my contact lenses come out as soon as my backside hits the bed mattress and my glasses will be on my face for about 15 minutes and still when I go to pull them off, PING, another bloody strand of hair is yanked out by the roots. I suppose some people are more sensitive to having their hair pulled, and some people quite like it there is a special time and place for that, BUT when its pulled out by your glasses as you stand at the bathroom sink at 6.30 in the morning all I want to do is throw the bloody things on the floor and stamp on them until they are nothing more than dust!
Anyway, now I have that out of my system I will tell you my news...Firstly the OH appointment is THIS week, a letter came Saturday morning with the appointment date for this Thursday, I keep getting waves of excitement at the prospect of getting back to work, sharply followed by waves of panic that they will think I am no longer any used to anyone and therefore decided I need sacking. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome!
Secondly, I don't think I have told you this before, but I am one of the most unlucky people in the world, I don't mean terrible things happen to me, I mean if someone brought sixty scratch cards and gave me fifty-five of them keeping five for themselves, I wouldn't win a thing while they would win thousands, so when I had a email from the RNIB last Friday asking if I would like to enter myself in for a chance of getting tickets to the Royal Albert Hall to see Cirque du soleil this week, in return for writing a review I immediately entered, half knowing that I didn't really stand a chance, imagine my surprise when I got a phone call yesterday saying I had won two tickets....this never happens, I don't know what I am more excited about, a trip to the Royal Albert, or writing a review! I love writing, that would be my idea job, to visit places and write reviews on them, but at the moment getting back into my usual routine is proving hard enough. But, I am looking forward to submitting my 500 words on Monday. 
Thirdly, I started swimming again yesterday, and fudge me I ache this morning, I (we, my friend and I) swam 11 lengths, it was quite busy, but It felt great to be back on it, I would really like to build up enough confidence to be able to go swimming on my own and be able to swim away from the edge of the pool. At the moment, I think I am going to focus on building up my strength again and build up the lengths slowly, learning to steer around other swimmers and keep the momentum up! 
I am still writing in my diary every night, making sure I only write positive things, it seems to be helping my sleep to be thinking about positive things, some days, obviously, its quite hard to think of a positive, especially days like last Sunday, when the weather was so crappy, we spent all day in our pjs watching TV, in fact I had to sit through so many episodes of Kardashian's I know all their names now! Long gone are the days when the girls an I would stay in on horrible days watching Scooby Doo all day, I think I would have rather watched Scooby Doo than the K's. Right, I am rambling on about nothing now, so I will leave you and speak to you all after I have been to Royal Albert Hall. x

No comments:

Post a Comment