Saturday 3 April 2021

Sensory Garden update



 Hello everyone, Happy Easter to you all.

I just wanted to give you a quick update on my sensory Garden progress.

So, as you know, I wanted to do this as independently as I could and when I looked at gardens which had been professionally created for blind and folks with disabilities, they were bloody amazing, but completely out of my price range!

I've had a reality check and a large down scale, the raised beds I wanted have been replaced with these cute planters.

And instead of buying plants, I've got tons of seeds and have started to grow my own.

Last week, when we had two beautiful days of sunshine, I got the power washer thingy out and washed down all the fences, then I painted them with some wood stain stuff, honestly, I dunno how I managed to get covered in it, my shoes are stained a love blotchy brown colour, and I'm still washing it out of my hair!

Every ten minutes or so, one of the family would wonder out and show me which bits I'd missed, which was helpful at first but it soon became obvious that I was missing more than I was hitting! In the end though, it's done and I think it looks lovely.







I wanted to power wash the slabs too, but I'm saving that for a day when it's warm again and it will dry really quickly.
I've just had a birthday, and everyone brought me gardening stuff, 
I had some vouchers, and I really wanted to buy roses, so let me see if I can down load a photo of my garden centre haul.

There we go, for some reason it gave me two, anyway, I got three patio rose plants, two with a strong pong, and one a very bright orange colour. I always look on the bargain bench for a plant to love, so there's a something or other, that looks very much like it needs to be loved. 
And I found a grassy type plant, I've planted it in a pot so I can move it around, it looks like it might be good for making a noise when the wind moves the leaves.
Also, for my birthday I asked for things for the garden that I could hear or touch, so I was given these treasures....


The sparkling mushroom is the coolest thing, it even sparkles when the moon shines on it. I've got a couple of statue dogs too, both of them a tactile.
The eldest daughter made me a Tic Tok account yesterday, I think it's called Lyndas garden, I've already had 50 views and 4 followers! Look at me, I'm crashing in on the internet!
Mind you, I'm pretty sure those 4 followers are my family .
I leave you with a few before photos (if I can down load the stupid things) and I will keep you all updated on the progress.




I've just found a after photo, I'll post that, then I'm off, take care and stay safe xx
See, my painting wasn't that bad after all 😍










No comments:

Post a Comment