Sunday 1 October 2017

Coffee morning date

Here we are everyone, arriving in October already! I am quite glad to see the back of September and can only hope October is a better month. 
I love Autumn, I love the smells, the crisper mornings and warm afternoons, I love the leaves changing colour and falling from the trees. The darker evenings are perhaps not so nice but its a very good excuse to be in your PJ's by 4pm.
Friday morning I woke up to the relaxing sound of rain drumming on the conservatory roof, no-one had to get up this morning so I stayed put until the rain slowly stopped, then I dragged some clothes on and slowly wondered around the block with Ralph, on our trip we met a little girl who was screeching and leaping off her scooter, when I asked her Mum why she was so excited so early in the morning, Mum pointed at the pavement and said 'Slugs'.....I waited until Mum and Daughter had walked away down the road before I checked the bottom of my wellies, there was NO way I had managed to miss every single slug on our walk, there was nothing I could do about it but I did try to walk more carefully, not for the slugs sake but for the thought of having slug squidged to the bottom of my boots.
Then I remembered that it was the Macmillan coffee morning and my friends were taking me to the event at the school where I work, suddenly the thought of stomping on the slugs left my mind and I focused on getting home quicker. My friends arrived just as I was having a full blown paddy over the fact that I couldn't find my boots in the dark shoe cupboard, So I was rescued from throwing all the coats and shoes out of the cupboard by a calm reasoning voice, problem solved.
I had a special table at the coffee morning, one that was away from all the other tables to give me space AND room to receive cuddles from the beautiful new babies, it was perfect, I didn't get up for anything, and was told firmly a couple of times as the room became much more busier...'DONT MOVE' ...I didn't move, I couldn't move, it was so busy but I had three tiny babies to focus on, however when it was time to leave I was more than ready. 
When I got home I sat on the sofa and waited for my head to stop buzzing and spinning, then I put my PJ's back on and cuddled up on the sofa and slept most of the day away. How can spending and hour or so at a coffee morning exhaust me so much? It frustrates me to think about it, but that's how life is at the moment, I do something then have to sleep for hours to get over it.
Late afternoon I began to feel guilty that I had done nothing around the house so I began to potter about just moving crap from one place to another, then I thought I should do something a little more pro-active, so up stairs I go, loft hatch open, ladder deployed and up I go on a mission, one, to turn off the tap which supply's water to the outside tap as I do every winter to prevent a burst pipe, and two, to bring down the suitcase which was full of Daughter number one's winter clothes and coats. 
The tap was turned off with no problems at all, but as I moved around dragging the suitcase towards the open hatch, the wheel of the suitcase catches the wire of the one and only light I have in the loft, which as you would expect falls and breaks, now I am in complete darkness, I sit there for a few seconds thinking...F**K, F**K, F**K IT ALL, my brain wont let me leave the suitcase, so there I am trying to drag the bloody suitcase towards the hatch in the dark, then it happens, my foot gets caught on something, I don't know how I didn't fall down the hatch and to be honest I am trying not to dwell on it too much as it was definitely one of those situations where things could have ended up so differently. By now the youngest Daughter had appeared at the bottom of the ladder and after giving me the biggest bollocking ever she helps me down the ladder....with the dam suitcase!
Today I walked Ralph with my friend in the rain and mud, where we laughed a lot about the loft incident and the solar light trimming incident, and we put the world to rights, we have such a good stomp that I hadn't realised that my little dog is so very low to the ground and the underside of him was caked in mud and he looked like a drowned rat. 
Never fear, bath time was near....and man does he hate a bath, but check out this sparkling little chap now xx


No comments:

Post a Comment