Thursday 23 March 2017

Never Judge a book by its cover!

Hi Everyone,
I was thinking that maybe my last blog made me sound a little aggressive, and I am sorry if it came across like that.
Most of the time I am a pleasant person, but then a situation comes along and you just cant believe how annoying it is and you just want to moan at all the injustices.
I was going to write to you all yesterday, to tell you all about the tranquil, calm and beautiful day I had on Tuesday, and to sort of explain that although I may have sounded like I was obsessed with pavement parking twits, I hoped that you would have had some sort of connection with how annoying things can be, but also how our reactions to situations that upset us defines what happens next.
The fact that I walked round the car parked on the pavement, firstly, meant I wasn't arrested for damaging someone else's property, or upset someone by having a shouting match.
Secondly, and most importantly, It meant I was able to walk away without any confrontation or bad feeling.
Besides all that, how did I know that the car didn't belong to a Doctor that was visiting the house? Or maybe the driver of the car was disabled themselves, you know what they say.....Never judge a book by its cover! Meaning that what something looks like from the outside, isn't always what's going on inside.
Like I said I had every intention of writing last night, until I discovered that there had been a terrorist attack in London, further more in Westminster where my eldest Daughter attends college, I have never felt so useless, I couldn't get her on her mobile phone, and resisting the urge to go charging up into London to find my baby and bring her home safely was almost to much, dam you 'mothers instinct' sometimes I think its more like 'Mothers blind panic instinct!'
Talking to her on the phone as she walked through a deserted Soho towards Kings cross was very unnerving as all I could hear from her end of the phone was helicopters, sirens and her puffing as she power walked to KC. I have never been so happy to get my family through the front door and lock it behind us, sadly the day didn't end that way for everyone.
So, that was why I didn't blog yesterday, when the adrenalin had worn off we all wanted to sleep.
Anyway, I leave you with some photos of Tuesdays beautiful walk with Ralph, we  (well, Ralph did) made some new friends and I felt rejuvenated and relaxed....
Speak soon and stay safe xx








No comments:

Post a Comment